The tungsten alloy is ideal for protection from X-rays and gamma radiation. The very high density of the tungsten shielding (over 60% denser than lead) allows to reduce the physical dimensions of the shielding components, without compromising the rigidity or effectiveness of the shielding characteristics.
Whether you need to protect sensitive electronic equipment or delicate human tissues, the energy absorbing properties of TEKNOSTEEL’s tungsten alloys make them exceptional choices for radiation protection applications, both in the medical and industrial fields.
1) Shielding in medicine
– multi-leaf collimator
– shielding protection tank for medical radiation
– shielding syringe for liquid medicine radiation
– tungsten alloy containers, such as tank, box for storing radioactive materials
– autocollimator and tungsten collimation bar for the linear medical accelerator, the nuclear industry and the inspection of the container system
– shielding for Co60 and other radiation
– gamma radiographic shield
– medical radiation collimator
2) Shielding in industry
– shield block
– defect detector
– inspection devices for large containers
– containers for radioactive sources
– nuclear shielding wall etc.
Compared to traditional radiation protection materials, tungsten alloys offer excellent value. A high density alloy can provide the same energy absorption as lead by using 1/3 less material! Unlike lead, you will also reduce administration costs by eliminating the need to obtain special licenses: it is not necessary.
Customers around the world are taking advantage of the tungsten alloy’s reliable radiation protection properties. If you need to protect yourself, your patients or your equipment from the harmful effects of excess radiation, come to us!
Our products are available as finished parts or short rod, round bar and rectangular blocks